Maintaining the security of your data is a priority of Liberty Homes, and we are committed to respect your privacy rights. We undertake to handle your data fairly and legally at all times and we are also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect from you and we may use such data.
This privacy notice aims to explain the types of personal data Liberty Homes may collect about you when you interact with us whether you visit our developments, offices, use your mobile device or go online. It also aims to explain how collect, process and keep your data.
Collecting your personal data
We may collect and process your personal data for a number of reasons. These reasons include:
- when you/they contact us in person, on our website, over the telephone, by e-mail or by post;
- at the time of reserving a property to purchase from us;
- at the time of purchasing options and extras from us;
- during the course of purchasing a property from us and/or selling a property to us in part exchange;
- when you apply for a job vacancy with us.
- where you have consented to the processing.
Our justifiable interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Liberty Homes, including:
- selling and supplying our homes and services;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their health, safety and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences and needs;
- improving existing products and service and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries or disputes;
- protecting Liberty Homes, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third-parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Liberty Homes; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, employees, shareholders and other stakeholders.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data
We take your privacy very seriously and will never disclose or share your personal data, unless we are required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice.
Detailed below are examples of when we would collect, process and in some cases share, your personal data:
- to verify your identity;
- to process and manage your purchase of a property from us and provide after sales services where applicable;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for example your purchase of a property and/or options and extras from us and (if applicable) our purchase of your existing property in part exchange;
- to facilitate the provision of warranties with a property purchased from us;
- to monitor customer satisfaction (both on our own behalf and/or for the NHBC) including processing customer satisfaction surveys;
- to notify utility suppliers and local authorities about your new property and about any property we have purchased from you in part exchange;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our services; and/or
- to contact you about new developments and house types which may meet your needs. If you have not yet reserved a property with us we will contact you in this way only if you have consented to us using your personal data in this way and that you want to receive this information from us.
How long will we keep your data
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under some laws or regulations to retain your personal data for a set period of time. Where there is no legal obligation, for example around direct marketing information, we will hold your data which will be filed away for 2 years, unless you opt out within this time.
Some specific areas include, but are not limited to:
- Health & Safety related matters– up to 40 years
- Property purchases and related matters – up to 15 years
- Direct marketing – up to 2 years
We do not share or disclosure any of your personal information, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement.
We use trusted third-parties to provide the below services and business functions, however all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
We may disclose your information to third parties if:
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or
- in order to apply or enforce our contracts with you; or
- to protect our rights, property, or our safety and/or the safety of our customers, or others.
We may also disclose your information to our suppliers and contractors to provide information to you on our behalf and/or in order to fulfil our contracts with you.
We will share your personal information with suppliers of services in respect of:
- any property you reserve from us;
- the sale of the property and/or the purchase of your existing property in part exchange.
These third parties may include:
- estate and managing agents,
- financial and legal advisors, and
- any relevant mortgage provider;
- the NHBC and similar organisations,
- utility and service providers, and
- local authorities.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
We try to ensure that our communications are as effective and relevant as possible.
On occasion, we will use information you have given us directly, to tailor our communications with you about our future activities, in your preferred communications method or via social media.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details or questions